Huawei is reassured by the UK government’s confirmation to allow it to participate in the
country’s 5G roll-out.
Victor Zhang, Vice-President, Huawei, said in a statement that “This evidence-based decision will
result in a more advanced, more secure and more cost-effective telecoms infrastructure that is
fit for the future. It gives the UK access to world-leading technology and ensures a competitive
market.”
The British government said on Tuesday that it will allow Huawei to build the country's next
generation of super-fast wireless networks, despite the US’ threats that permitting Huawei
equipment could undermine trade and intelligence ties with the US.
Zhang said Huawei has a strong track record of supplying cutting-edge technology to telecoms
operators in the UK for more than 15 years.
It will continue with “supporting customers as they
invest in their 5G networks, boosting economic growth and helping the UK continue to compete
globally.”
The clear cyber security record of Huawei has been recognized by two parliamentary committees
in UK, a country with the toughest oversight of our industry in the world, and the views of pre-
eminent intelligence officials, all of whom agree there is no technical reason for excluding
Huawei from the UK’s 5G network.
The British Government has full access to evaluate Huawei’s products through the Huawei Cyber
Security and Evaluation Centre, opened in the country in 2010. The oversight board of the facility
is chaired by the Chief Executive Officer of the UK’s National Cyber Security Centre with
members from government including Government Communications Headquarters, as well as the
UK telecommunications sector.
Zhang added that Huawei agrees a diverse vendor market and fair competition are essential for
network reliability and innovation, as well as ensuring consumers have access to the best
possible technology.
Dexter Thillien, a senior TMT analyst at Fitch Solutions, told CNBC that“Three is better than two,”
he said, “If you ban Huawei, you have a choice between Ericsson and Nokia. You lack
competition.”
A study by Mobile UK shows that excluding Huawei would cost the UK economy £7 billion and
result in more expensive 5G networks, raising prices for anyone with a mobile device.
Across the EU, no government has imposed an outright ban on Huawei. Operators warn that
banning Huawei may add years of delays and billions in costs to European countries’ 5G network
launch.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said last week diversification is crucial to ensuring a country's
security in the roll-out of 5G mobile technology and shunning one supplier altogether risks being
counterproductive.
Zhang said Huawei’s focus will remain on supplying our customers with secure, reliable
equipment so we maintain their support and continue to help create jobs and prosperity in the
UK.
Huawei stimulated a £1.7 billion contribution to UK GDP in 2018 alone, according to a research
by Oxford Economics.



Toa Maoni Yako:
0 comments so far,add yours
Hii ni Blog ya Watanzania popote walipo duniani kwa ajili ya kuhabarisha, kutoa/kupokea taarifa na kuelimisha mambo yote yaliyo chanya kwa Taifa letu. Tafadhali sana unapotoa maoni usichafue hali ya hewa wala usijeruhi hisia za mtu/watu. Kuwa mstaarabu...